Bundaberg Railway Museum
Bundaberg's first railway station, built in 1881 as an outlet for the Mt Perry railway bringing copper from the mines, is now preserved as a proper museum. Located some 500 metres from its original site, the museum houses a wide variety of railway items past and present. The museum is a haven for train buffs. It include photos, uniforms and catering items from dining rooms to the Tilt Train. Books, including office records, engine driver's manuals, timetables and rule books. Tools of various types: locomotive spanners, heavy jacks and track work tools, Interlocked signal cabin recovered from Lowmead station, the last CTC panel from Bundaberg, and modern day transponders, A 1921 guard's van (originally a sleeping car) and a butter car insulated with cow's hair which stays cool even without the ice blocks. Static displays outside include a diamond crossing for cane trams to cross the government lines and various couplings, buffers, drawhooks and air hoses used on older rolling stock.